The PreSonus CDL18s is the easy way to add solid, gutsy bass to your full-range CDL12 system. Unleash loads of thunderous low end, thanks to this subwoofer’s 18″ driver, while 2,000 watts of Class D power exhibit remarkable headroom, explosive SPLs, and incredible dynamics. Enjoy access to a wealth of speaker-management tools, while built-in Dante connectivity supplies near-zero latency and compatibility with a vast array of pro audio equipment. The CDL18s boasts an impressive range of pole-mounted and suspended deployment options.
The CDL18s’s four triangle-shaped ports produce a massive low-end punch. These ports are placed in the subwoofer’s corners, so they couple to its cabinet, taking advantage of its side walls. This design delivers superior phase coherence and minimizes chuffing while simultaneously reducing baffle reflections. The CDL18s’s custom 18″ low-frequency transducer travels 7mm before over excursion, and it easily handles 800 watts program/1,600 watts peak. The CDL18s delivers top-shelf sound while moving lots of air. At Sweetwater, we’ve found that it’s the perfect complement to a full-range CDL12 system.
Setting up the CDL18s is a breeze, thanks to its presets. To dive into its advanced features, you simply connect it to a standard LAN network and take command with Worx Control software running on your Mac or PC. When you combine the CDL18s with an array of CDL12 speakers, you benefit from speaker-management tools like 8-band EQ, polarity invert, compression, limiting, 800ms of delay, and more. Performance monitoring indicators display temperature and signal levels remotely. You can use Worx Control to manage your speakers individually or as a group.
The CDL18s boasts built-in Dante connectivity — a feature not found on many subwoofers in this class. Besides giving you near-zero latency and effortless synchronization, this multichannel digital media networking technology is compatible with an endless range of equipment, making it easy to integrate the CDL18s into just about any installed sound environment. And it does it over a single locking Ethernet connection!
PreSonus CDL18s Features:
- Adds solid, gutsy bass to your full-range CDL12 system
- 18″ driver unleashes loads of thunderous low end
- 2,000 watts of Class D power exhibit remarkable headroom, explosive SPLs, and incredible dynamics
- Onboard array presets for easy deployment
- Dive into advanced features with Worx Control software
- Speaker-management tools include 8-band EQ, polarity invert, compression, limiting, 800ms of delay, and more
- Built-in Dante connectivity gives you near-zero latency and synchronization
- Boasts an impressive range of pole-mounted and suspended deployment options